ARTSCAPES UK | https://artscapesuk.com/northern-renaissance-part-two/
ABOUT NORTHERN RENAISSANCE SERIES PART TWO
This is a series about Art, Politics and Power. Following on from Northern Renaissance Part One: A Window Onto the World, we’ll move into the 16th century via the artists of Germany, France, Scotland and England – Dürer, Cranach and Holbein to name a few. As the shape of patronage changed, we’ll see how art was bound in the politics of the Protestant Reformation, England’s break from Rome, Henry VIII’s tally of wives, Elizabeth I’s thrilling power struggle and her fight against Catholics – this is one of the most fertile and fascinating periods in Northern European history. Art – as ever – is the most potent and relatable illustration of these extraordinary times.
- This series is made up of six parts, with a two-week break in the middle.
- This series is suitable for everyone, first-timers to art history, and old hands.
- Catch-up recordings are available to ticket-holders for one week after each live event.
- Listen to all six lectures, or you are welcome to join any of the talks independently.
- You can gift the full series or individual lectures, with a personalised message on a date of your choice.
- To complement this series, please join Northern Renaissance Part One to complete the story.
24th April - 12th June 2022
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS & CREDITS
Series organized by Artscapes UK
Image & copy credit: Wiki Commons & Artscapes UK
Click here to view more details: https://artscapesuk.com/northern-renaissance-part-two/
EXPLORE EVENTS IN THE SERIES BELOW